Monday, January 19, 2009

Change of Heart

After alot of DEEEEEPPPPP soul-searching this weekend (and basically a breakdown on Friday) I have decided to not blog about my Love Dare, at least not for the time-being.

I am still doing it (well I am stuck on Day #5, but will continue) but I think I was blogging about it for all the wrong reasons.

I am doing the Transformation Challenge and really working on healing myself/making myself healthy and HAPPY from the INSIDE OUT. Thru some of Bill's assignments, I am learning more & more hard-to-face facts about myself. Things that I dont like and that I need to and WILL change, so that I can live the life that God has intended for me.

One big obstacle that I am working to overcome is that I have always been a "people-pleaser". ALWAYS looking to find "validation" thru others eyes, gain their acceptance...have them praise me, etc. Thats where I feel my Blogging of my Love Dare Challenge comes into play.

During my workout this morning , it hit me: As long as I am DOING the Dares, giving my heart & soul to complete each Day's "mission" and be the best (future) wife I can be to Chris, theres really no reason for me to blog about it to the whole world. I dont need anyones outside influence or praise-I only need Gods acceptance & guidance, and to learn how to find validation within myself.

I really do like the Dare, and I have seen so many ways that it is blessing my life already..but I just think (at least for right now) I need to do it quietly. But...if theres anything yall wanna ask me about it, Im open to share one-on-one...just shoot me an email or gimme a call :)

2 comments:

jen said...

I understand where you're coming from. that's why I made my blog private. I'm doing the dare for me...my hubby...and to please God, not for anyone else. I will blog about it too...but when I want to document or vent. :)

glad to hear your dare is goin good...mine is too. changes have already taken place!!! xoxo

Kelley said...

HI, I just wanted to let you know for the Tickle Ghosts I just used acrylic paint from the craft store.

It washes right off their feet.

Have fun!