Thursday, January 31, 2008

HELP! I Need Ideas!!

OK I need some help y'all!

I have so many HUGE events coming up & I am NOT a very creative/idea-oriented person when I comes to stuff like this. Luckily I know my BFL & Blog-land friends are...so PLEASE Help a sistah out!

Heres what I got coming up:

Feb 2nd-Nephews Bday: (He'll be 24) This one isnt too hard-probably get him a gift card but My brother just legally adopted him 2 weeks ago(yes-they do adult-adoptions nowdays! :) . Hes been my "nephew" since he was 8, but still now thats its legal-its kinda extra-special.

Feb 8th- My BF is turning the Big 30! I dont know what in the world to get him/or do for his big 3-0. Thought about a small party at his house, but theres really no room/place for entertaining more than 3-4 people(pretty bachelor-padish still), so thats makin it hard. He wants to go to Hooters for dinner but I need a great gift idea! HELP!

Feb 14th-Valentines Day: It'll be our 1st Valentines day together. Hes already made reservations at the restaurant we had our 1st date at (awwwhhhhh--isnt that sweet?hehe) But again NO IDEA what to get him/do for him.

Feb 17th-My Baby is Turning 18! This is the BIG one...I really wanna get him something special. (A car is out of the picture-I cant afford it and he hasnt even taken drivers Ed yet.) I can probably spend around $600-$700 TOPS if its something super-cool.)I was thinkin about maybe a Lap-top? He wants $400-$500 CASH but I know how he "blows" $$ so Im really hesitant about that. I would rather give him something he can have for a while, ya know?

March 3rd-One year Anniversary for Me & Chris! Thinkin about an overnight trip to the coast maybe? Again...not something too expensive becuz Im pretty much poor, but this is such a HUGE milestone for me--Meeting Chris and having him in my life has been the one of the BEST thing thats ever happened to me. He makes me soooo happy, I swear-he IS my "other-half"! Normally Im such a "Guy" about things like this-they really dont matter to me...but with Chris its sooo different! Im more in love with him every single day... :)

OK...Im open for suggestions so PLEASE send some my way guys!

2 comments:

Udenia said...

Well girl, I suck in the guy department, can't find one to take the trash out but I do know one thing, the more personal the gift the better, what I mean, is the more time you put into it, the more it means to them. If I was to do something for someone special, I would cook a full course meal for them with wine and everything, music, bubblebath, candles, the works. For my son, does he like hip clothes? electronics? To prevent you buying something he doesn't like because Teens are so damn fickle, give him a gift card and split it between a really cool clothing store that he likes and an electronic store. Or bring him on the cruise!:)- for the adoption, I would give them a gift card at one of those picture people places that specialize in taking really cool pictures and maybe a digital picture frame! Just some ideas, I don't know them so I am throwing some stuff out for you!

Udenia said...

Sorry that is about all I got, I don't get out much.