Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Ate an Orange ...and it only took me 20 Minutes!

Before yall think I've COMPLETELY lost my mind...lemme explain!

One of the hardest parts of following my Trainers Diet Plan was that fruit is FORBIDDEN. I love fruit..and after living in Phoenix for 2 yrs with NO fresh fruit available(except flown-in, no-flavor stuff)-Being back in CA is like a fruit-lovers paradise. Well...since I hired my Trainer on Feb 1st last year...I went all year without eating hardly any--and when I did eat it--The GUILT was horrible! (My BFF swears Ive been BRAINWASHED..becuz fruit is NOT bad for me--but my mind seems to believe otherwise)

So anyway....last Tuesday (after 11 & 1/2 months of dying for one) I ate an ORANGE! Fresh picked off of one of my trees in the backyard. It was soooo DELICIOUS! Juicy, seedless, perfectly ripened! But.....it was so hard to tell myself that it was really OK to eat..I kept feeling like I was doing something WRONG. With every tiny lil bite..it Almost felt like I was committing a crime or sumthin! UGH!
That 1st orange took me and HOUR & TEN MINUTES to eat!! WTF??! Now how crazy is that?!

HOW in the hell did I get to this point--where I am TRULY AFRAID of HEALTHY foods such as fruits, brown rice, yams, and BEEF?! Im not exactly sure...but one thing I am sure of--I'm Working on GETTING BETTER!!

My goal this week-To eat my orange in UNDER 10 minutes! hehehehe!!!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

You'll get back to that healthy mindframe - just one step at a time. One of the reasons I quit the Trainer was no fruit no milk (it was hard to raise a toddler to eat healthy she never saw me eating the things I was telling her she had to eat).

Anonymous said...

Hi sweets!!! Glad to see you blogging again!
I'm trying to stay on top of mine too.

I love posting pics of food. But, uh oh--I'm about to post pics of strawberries and blueberries! ;)

Hugs!

Danielle said...

hey! i am so glad i found your blog, i remember reading the old one and your posts on tracker. i totally relate to so much of what you said in your previous post. it is such a crazy balance between trying to eat right and going overboard and right now i am back where i should NOT be, i know the toll the binging takes. You will get through it, you know how and you hav the determination!

Jess said...

Hi there -- remember ME? =) I've been thinking about you (especially a couple of weeks ago when I heard Darryl Worley got remarried lol) and hope you're doing great. Give me a call some time!

Jess