Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blakes Birthday!! (And Im a Big Ol' Crybaby!)

It was 4 days ago and the reality of my BABY being a "Legal Adult" still hasnt hit me!! Im walkin around kinda feeling like "How did he grow up so fast?" Time FLIES by!


Sunday I woke up soooo emotional. Its funny-the 10 years I worked at the jail I was completly UNEMOTIONAL....now EVERYTHING makes me weepy and actin like a baby. (At least its nice to know I recovered from all those years of feeling NOTHING)


Anyways...I was a mess that morning-when I went & picked up the Special Champagne Cake I ordered--it was NOT decorated how I ordered it. I. Was. Pissed! That poor girl workin at the bakery-I know she felt bad but DAMNNNNN how hard is it to decorate a friggin cake when thats WHAT YOU DO for a living? I guess what really pissed me off was that I paid $28.00 for this cake (WAY too much) but they are the only bakery in our whole area that does Champagne cakes. I was promised it would be really cute..the Baker wanted to decorate it in red & black trimming (His fave colors) & I made sure to tell her CONFETTI on it too. What I got was all white frosting with CURLING RIBBON (the kind you put on gifts) thrown over the top..and 9 (yes I counted them!) silver "bee-bees" as confetti. So that was the 1st thing that made me cry.


Then I cried becuz Chris wouldnt go run around/shopping w/me for Blakes BBQ becuz Nascar Race day was on.


Then I cried becuz Chris decided he was gunna STAY AT HOME and watch nascar instead of coming to my house for Blakes Bday. We almost had our 1st fight & broke up over this one!(He did show up...so its all good between us)


Then I cried becuz I'm OLD!!

Then I cried when the Clerk at the grocery store asked me what was all the BBQ food for (wahhhhh...mah baybees 18!) Poor guy-he was like : Its ok..my Mom cried last year when I turned 18 too! (Umm..yeah thanks..)

THAT made me cry AGAIN becuz Im old....

Then I cried when my SIL & brother were being dicks & chose their Next door neighbors kids Bday party instead of Blakes (Blake is their ONLY nephew & my SIL ALWAYS finds some reason to not show up for our family stuff-guess I should be used to it..but Im not. And the kid next door is 17..so its not like hes a lil kid that wouldnt understand)

Next..came the tears when I decorated the house.

Then when I picked Blake up from his best friends house & I gave him a hug & kiss & said Happy Birthday...

Then when he saw the decorations...and when we cut the cake....and when he saw his gift (A fully loaded Dell Laptop-he was so surprised!)

Then the really sad tears came when I took a pic with Blake & REALIZED how friggin HUGE I have gotten over the last 3 weeks. Seriously. I honestly said "Who is the fat chick with Blake?!" How fucked up is that?! Ummm...helllllooooooo its M-E!!! WHEN exactly did I grow a second stomach, and 2nd & THIRD CHIN?

Even after all the tears and the fact that REALITY kicked me in the teeth...it ended up being a great Birthday. Blake had fun....he loved his Laptop (and the 50 $1.00 Bills I gave him for the Strip club) & he really lit up when he saw the decorations hanging everywhere. I LOVE THAT BOY!!


Heres a few pics:




Each "swirl" had either a Lotto ticket or cash on the end-he loved it! (the pix of the rest of the house didnt come out good)



His "Not so cute" Cake


Making a Wish...



Eddie, Blake & Vince. (Do yall remember Vince? HES WALKING WITHOUT A CANE now!!YAY! A TRUE miracle after being shot just 1 yr ago)



Me & my 6'3" baby (Thank god for cropping--yall can only see how fat my FACE is) And yessss..thats a huge nasty hickey from ONE of his lil girlfriends hes sportin there. Ewwwwwww!

No comments: