Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy.....

I can't believe it-but today I actually woke up HAPPY & NOT feeling completely exhausted! Dayummm..I'd almost forgetten how great it feels.

Honestly...I think the fact of finalizing my "Big Decision" yesterday has alot to do with it. I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and now I can have some closure & look and move forward.

I cant say THANK YOU enough for all the wonderful comments --I had no idea that I had more than 3 readers--so the comments were a really nice surprise! I love y'all!! And an extra special Thanks to my Girls(yall know who you are!) who have been puttin up with me and all this shit for the last 6 months-Im not sure HOW yall did it-but I really love you for stickin it out with me!!

Even though the weather completely SUX --I had a really nice day today. Started off w/ Chris surprising me this morning with a set of "PERFECT PUSHUPS"! Ya know..the ones they sell on TV that look like grips/handles and they rotate as you do pushups? I have been wanting them forever! :) Dang-they are HARD though-I could only do TWO full pushups with them. WTF?! (I can easily do 15 reg full pushups on the floor) Theyre super cool!

Then...we took a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Jelly Belly Factory. I havent been there since Blake was in 1st grade & we had a field trip there...but its a fun place to check out. Plus....its TOM so I was really wantin some candy! We went on the lil tour they had, bought some(LOTS!) jelly bellys (for MY jelly-belly! hehehe) & a few pieces of homemade Chocolate candy. MMMMMMM-mmmmmmm!!
The candy was pretty good-but the best part of it?? Was that I was able to go and NOT, I repeat NOTTTTTT feel guilty! YEAH ME!(Don't worry-Im definately NOT making candy & crap like that a regular part of my food plan.)

Wrapped up the evening on a "double-date" (Me N chris & Blake N Hayley (his adorable girlfriend) at our favorite lil hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaraunt. They serve authentic Mexico-style food...NOT fried...all homemade & pretty healthy. I had a really good time--its still kinda weird goin on a double-date w/ my son & his GF though, but I'm adjusting to it & truly enjoy spending time all together.

Thanks again for all the support!!
I love yall!!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow...when I started reading your blog this morning I originally thought to myself, "Did I already write mine this morning??" Not only that but I think I even titled one of my posts "Happy Happy Joy Joy.." LOL. We must be on the same brain wave length or something! I, too woke up feeling much better today and I DO believe it has to do with the decisions we're making for ourselves. It sounds like you are listening to your body and it's thanking you!! :) :) Your blog is going to become a regular read for me. By the way, I like Blake's girlfriend's name. ;)

Suzanne said...

Great job Dana! Its okay to eat stuff like that occasionally. You know me and my chocolates! YUM! I'm glad you are feeling happy and not tired! You should NEVER forget how that feels!!!

Glad you guys had a great date. Tell Blakey boy I said hola!

Love ya!

Janel said...

Hey girl, I just got caught up again.....Sounds like you are finding a good place! I'm with ya!!

KatieFeldmom said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! I've never been the JB Factory but my son goes every year for his Santa visit. Apparently they have quite the spread at that time.

I've been wanting to try those push-up thingees. Thanks for the review of them.

jen said...

mmmmm...jelly bellies!! my faves are tootie fruity, cinnamon, and the sour ones!!

double dating with blake would be fun...I wanna see him impressin' his girl. hehe he done growed up on ya!!

xoxo
talk soon!

Hayley said...

I read your comment on my blog and this is so weird...you're dating someone named Chris and i'm married to Chris - we were both working on motvation boards, our backgrounds on our blogs are the same, we both titled our blogs Happy Happy joy Joy one day, you say stuff like "Guess what chicken butt?" which is TOTALLY what I would say...it's like I have a twin..LOL. You are a crack up. :)