Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Negative Nancy" has Left the Building!!

Thats it--I'm DONE with being such a "Negative Nancy" all the time!

Not sure exactly when it happened, but sometime over the last..,oh...9 or 10 months..it did. I have become the type of person I cant stand. Negative, whiney, jealous,withdrawn, mean and bitter...& never even really realized it. WTF?! (Well...I KINDA realized it.....But didnt realize how MUCH I did it until last night.)

So...in my efforts to become a BETTER ME.....I am changing my attitude and outlook!

No more moaning, complaining or bitching when my body hurts,Im hungry, Im tired, blah blah blah....
Becuz...the bottom line is-no matter how tired, achy, etc I am--theres someone out there somewhere who would LOVE to be in my position & be surrounded with the BLESSINGS I have been given in my life!

I AM TRULY BLESSED!

MY Blessings are what I need to focus on and not anything else right now.

So...when I woke up today, I DECIDED that I could (and WOULD) ONLY BE: THANKFUL & GRATEFUL!!!

I also started a new "Challenge" with myself: Every single time I complain or say something negative, I hafta do 5 pushups.
Every single time a negative or hateful thought pops into my head...instead of giving any energy to it--I will focus on a POSITIVE "gift" in my life.

It's only been the 1st day-but I'm feeling a lil bit better and a tiny bit happier already, and I am going to bed-Giving THANKS for My LIFE, my health,my family, my friends & ALL of WONDERFUL things I have been given.

5 comments:

Stef said...

There is something to be said for a Positive Mental Attitude (a little PMA, BaBy). I think it does wonders for every aspect of your life when you shift from negative to positive. I think it has helped me soooo much!

Love your blog!

xo!

Hayley said...

I LOVE your new attitdue and I'm going to take a tip from you and try and do the same thing. It's important to stay positive for our physical AND mental well being. :)

Tiffanie Hage said...

Hi...just thought I would pop over here and say HI! In your quest for positiveness...make sure you surround yourself with positive people too (Like us! :) ) b/c that will help you become more positive as well...doomsdayers will just bring ya down!

Tiffanieh (from Tracker)

KatieFeldmom said...

Great idea Dana!!!

Unknown said...

So how many pushups have you had to do?! Just kidding girl.

I can tell just by talking to you that your mental attitude has GREATLY improved. I love having crazy Dana back :o)